St. Francis House is a special place to volunteer your time and give back to your community. And luckily, we have plenty of opportunities available for you! Most opportunities require a 4-6 hour commitment once or twice a week. However, we can work with most schedules.
Here is our current 2017 Spring and Summer Volunteer Opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the online volunteer application here.
You can also print and fill out the application (link below) and mail it to P.O. Box 156, Puyallup, WA 98371.
Typical Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-9pm and Saturday 10am-3pm
Receiving donated items (you will be working with our staff)
- Sorting (you will be working with other volunteers with experience)
- Stocking and restocking clothing bank
- Registration/Client Intake Interviewing (Tue/Thu 10:30-2:30, Fri 6:30pm-9pm)
- Testing small appliances/assisting with handyman skills
- Transporting donated items to and from the clothing bank
- Special areas: linens (sorting linens, blankets, and towels), shoes, forklift (once a week – requires forklift license), ground and building maintenance, toys and baby clothes.
- Answering the phones, assisting clients, and filing.
- Currently looking for someone to help on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Helping with the Back-to-School Program (July–Aug)
- Christmas Elves: helping with making Christmas gift baskets (Oct-Dec)
- Garage Sale Kings and Queens (organize garage sales – several times/year)
Evening Meal Program (5:00-7:00pm)
- Helping with setup and clean-up
- Assisting with serving meals
- Acting as “Hanneh’s Helper”, one night a week (Hanneh is our Meal Program Coordinator)
- Security Guard
The Nook (Wed – Sat: 12-5pm)
Working at our wonderful charity boutique
Retail experience preferred
- Friend/Fund Raising
- Special event and project assistance
- Database entry
- ELL student teaching