St. Francis House is a special place to volunteer your time and give back to your community. And luckily, we have plenty of opportunities available for you! Most opportunities require a 4-6 hour commitment once or twice a week. However, we can work with your schedule.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the online volunteer application here. Or if you have any questions, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also print and fill out the application and mail it to P.O. Box 156, Puyallup, WA 98371.
Typical Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-3pm
Receiving donated items (you will be working with our staff)
- Sorting (you will be working with other volunteers with experience)
- Stocking and restocking clothing bank
- Registration/Client Intake Interviewing (Tue/Thu 10:30-2:30, Fri 6:30pm-9pm)
- Testing small appliances/assisting with handyman skills
- Transporting donated items to and from the clothing bank
- Special areas: linens (sorting linens, blankets, and towels), shoes, forklift (once a week – requires forklift license), ground and building maintenance, toys and baby clothes.
- Answering the phones, assisting clients, and filing.
- Currently looking for someone to help on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Helping with the Back-to-School Program (July–Aug)
- Christmas Elves: helping with making Christmas gift baskets (Oct-Dec)
- Garage Sale Kings and Queens (organize garage sales – several times/year)
Evening Meal Program (5:00-7:00pm)
- Helping with setup and clean-up
- Assisting with serving meals
- Acting as “Hanneh’s Helper”, one night a week (Hanneh is our Meal Program Coordinator)
- Security Guard
The Nook (Wed – Sat: 12-5pm)
Working at our wonderful charity boutique
Retail experience preferred
- Friend/Fund Raising
- Special event and project assistance
- Database entry
- ESL student teaching