A Community of Volunteers
St. Francis House is a special place to volunteer your time and give back to your community. And luckily, we have plenty of opportunities available for you! Most opportunities require a 4-6 hour commitment once or twice a week. However, we can work with your schedule.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the online volunteer application below. Or if you have any questions, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-3pm
Receiving donated items (you will be working with our staff)
- Sorting (you will be working with other volunteers with experience)
- Stocking and restocking clothing bank
- Registration/Client Intake Interviewing (Tue/Thu 10:30-2:30, Fri 6:30pm-9pm)
- Testing small appliances/assisting with handyman skills
- Transporting donated items to and from the clothing bank
- Special areas: linens (sorting linens, blankets, and towels), shoes, forklift (once a week – requires forklift license), ground and building maintenance, toys and baby clothes.
- Answering the phones, assisting clients, and filing.
- Currently looking for someone to help:
- Monday, Wednesday, 10am – 1pm
- Helping with the Back-to-School Program (July–Aug)
- Christmas Elves: helping with Christmas Toy shopping (Oct-Dec)
The Nook (Wed – Sat: 12-5pm)
Working at our wonderful charity boutique
Retail experience preferred
Care of the Grounds
Special Skills: painting, carpentry, electrician
- Friend/Fund Raising
- Special event and project assistance
- Database entry
Volunteer Online Application Form
You can also print and fill out the application and mail it to:
P.O. Box 156
Puyallup, WA 98371